Salary: £27,186 - £42,192 per annum
Start date: September 2021
Contract: Maternity Cover
Closing Date: 10th May 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Classroom Teacher to join Cedar Children’s Academy. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
This is a fixed term position for one academic year, there is the possibility this could lead to a permanent position.
“Staff feel well supported by leaders. Teachers recognise that leaders have worked hard to make sure their workloads are managed fairly.”
“Staff value the training and support they receive. Leaders recognise talent in staff and deploy them across the school to coach and support colleagues.”
Ofsted Report May 2019
Cedar Children’s Academy put the children first in everything that we do and have a fun time doing it. Our children are amazing and the staff work hard on a daily basis to show them what they are capable of achieving. We believe whole heartedly that they can do whatever they set their mind to and love challenging them so that they often end up surprising themselves.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified teacher
- Be committed to contributing to our fully inclusive school, being proactive in making adjustments to support pupils in their learning
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be committed to “Being your best self” and be keen to work collaboratively with colleagues across the school, hub and Trust.
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Be willing to engage with research informed practice
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
- In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other Medway Primary Schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Large outdoor spaces to support your teaching and the children’s learning.
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our vibrant and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to our school are encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Danielle Donoghue.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Cedar Children's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.