Cover Manager (Part Time)
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 4 £25,743 - £30,198 (Pro rata £9,044 - £10,610 for hours and weeks stated). Please note this is subject to agreement in line with September 2022 salary increases but the amounts shown are a minimum of what you will earn and if any changes are made they will be increases on the amount shown.
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Part Time, Permanent, 14.8 hours a week, 2 days a week, Term Time + 5 days (39 weeks a year)
Closing Date: 02/10/2022
Interview Date: TBC
We are currently recruiting for a part time Cover Manager to join Holcombe Grammar School. Successful applicants will be responsible for the management of the schools cover on a daily basis. This includes the management of the school cover supervisors both permanent, relief and supply teachers. You will also support with data, assisting the Data Manager as required with inputting and collation of reports.
This is a part time role working 2 days a week with a 7.30am start.
Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare– Ofsted 2018
Holcombe Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and growing mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world.
Every individual at Holcombe Grammar School is encouraged to achieve their personal best and there is an emphasis on celebrating student progress as well as outright attainment. At the heart of the school is our MET agenda – Mastery, Endeavour, Thinking. By using the ‘Thinking’ skills that are developed from Year 7, and through constant ‘Endeavour’, our students go on to develop ‘Mastery’ of their studies. Whilst many students go on to achieve places at Oxford, Cambridge and other Russell Group universities, we celebrate the achievements of all students. The vast majority of our students go on to top universities at the end of the Sixth Form.
What you will need to succeed:
- To organise and administer cover for absent teachers, which includes arranging cover from supply agencies, and ensure the school’s Senior Management Team are aware of teacher absences as soon as possible.
- To pass cover lesson information to Cover Supervisor/Supply Teacher.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, induction, training, attendance and performance.
- management of the Cover Supervisor(s), ensuring the relevant administration processes involved in these areas are completed to deadlines.
- To undertake the duties of a Cover Supervisor when required.
- To accurately record and maintain attendance records for staff in order to provide data to assist with attendance monitoring.
- To monitor and report on use of Supply Cover Budget on a half termly basis.
- Good grammar and literacy skills acquired through experience.
- Good numeracy skill and use of databases and excel.
- GCSE level English/Maths or equivalent qualification or experience.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Free parking in our staff carpark.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates.