Role: Cover Supervisor
Salary: TSAT Grade D FTE £21,214 - £23,879 (pro-rata to £15,775 - £17,755 for hours and weeks stated)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent 32.5 hours a week
Closing Date: 18/04/21
Interview Date: TBC
We require aCover Supervisor to joinGoodwin Academy to provide cover for absent teaching staff and the facilitation of learning by Key Stage 3 and 4 students
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust has been ranked as the highest performing trust in the South East and in the top 15 academy trusts in England, out of more than 100. – 2020 DfE report
At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ with BEST being an acronym for:
B= Brilliance, where students will be supported to be brilliant in everything they do.
E= Enrichment, where students will encounter a variety of educational opportunities outside of the classroom.
S= Society, where students will be encouraged to develop as responsible, active and informed world citizens, demonstrating mutual respect, empathy and community spirit.
T= Thinking, where students will join a global community of thinkers.
We pride ourselves on our caring and compassionate ethos, which enables our students to grow in a supportive atmosphere conductive to their development.
What you will need to succeed:
- Committed to supporting students
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
- Additional language skills would be beneficial to support our diverse student population.
- Previous experience in providing literacy or numeracy support at Key Stage 3 or 4 will be a distinct advantage
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- A stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage anyone who may be interested in working at our school to contact Danielle Bowden to arrange an informal conversation
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.