Salary: TSAT Grade D (£21,214 - £23,879) FTE (pro-rata to £15,775 - £17,755 for hours and weeks stated)
Start date: ASAP Contract: Permanent 37 hours a week (term-time only plus 5 INSET days)
Closing Date: 18/04/21
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Cover Supervisor to join Holcombe Grammar School to provide cover for absent teaching staff and the facilitation of learning by Key Stage 3 and 4 students
Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare– Ofsted 2018
Holcombe Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and growing mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world.
Every individual at Holcombe Grammar School is encouraged to achieve their personal best and there is an emphasis on celebrating student progress as well as outright attainment. At the heart of the school is our MET agenda – Mastery, Endeavour, Thinking. By using the ‘Thinking’ skills that are developed from Year 7, and through constant ‘Endeavour’, our students go on to develop ‘Mastery’ of their studies. Whilst many students go on to achieve places at Oxford, Cambridge and other Russell Group universities, we celebrate the achievements of all students. The vast majority of our students go on to top universities at the end of the Sixth Form
What you will need to succeed:
• Committed to supporting students
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
• Effective ICT skills
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Understanding of the educational system and current developments
• Ability to motivate and to support learning
• Additional language skills would be beneficial to support our diverse student population.
• Previous experience in providing literacy or numeracy support at Key Stage 3 or 4 will be a distinct advantage
What our Trust will offer you:
• The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact the recruitment team. We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment