Salary: TSAT Grade D (£21,214 - £23,879) FTE
(pro-rata to £15,775 - £17,755 for hours and weeks stated)
Start date: ASAP/ September 2021
Contract: Permanent 37 hours a week (term-time only plus 5 INSET days)
Closing Date: 20/06/21
Interview Dat/e/: TBC- ASAP
We require a Cover Supervisor to join The Victory Academy to provide cover for absent teaching staff and the facilitation of learning by Key Stage 3 and 4 students.
“The behaviour of pupils is good….Pupils are polite and show consideration for others”
“Staff feel well supported…” Ofsted 2017
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
- Committed to supporting students
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
- Additional language skills would be beneficial to support our diverse student population.
- Previous experience in providing literacy or numeracy support at Key Stage 3 or 4 will be a distinct advantage
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Kealy Davidson on the school number to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.