Deputy Head of HR
Salary: TSAT H Scale (£47,969-£53,988 per anum)
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Location: Medway or Portsmouth
Closing date: Sunday 3rd October
Interviews: 12th (Virtual) and 14th October (in person)
We are looking for an experienced HR practitioner to join our team as Deputy Head of HR to provide a strategically focused HR service to our schools. You will work closely with the Head of HR and with our senior school leaders across the Trust designing and delivering strategies and achieving key objectives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at a really exciting time for the HR team, as we continue to enhance our professional services; Thinking Personnel, under our trading company Thinking Solutions for Education, as well as Trust expansion in the South West and the opening of our brand new secondary school in Medway, The Maritime Academy.
The successful applicant will be influential in driving change by working closely with our senior stakeholders within our schools and central services. They will manage the employee relations team and be point of contact for escalation, advice guidance and support on a variety of HR matters. Leading on policy development and deputising for the Head of HR as required.
What you will need to succeed:
- For further details please see the attached job description
- Extensive HR Knowledge with a CIPD Level 7 qualification
- Previous Education experience is desirable
- Management experience is desirable
- Be able to manage and influence stakeholders and develop effective working relationships to enable a first-class HR service
- Experience of implementing talent and performance management practices
- Experience of leading on HR change projects such as restructures, TUPE and HR policies
- Ability to analyse and report on data as well as drive change as a result of that analysis
- Experiencing of leading and implementing workforce planning, retention and engagement strategies
- Able to work independently and manage own workload and time effectively
- Maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the workplace
- Good ICT skills and knowledge of MS products in particular Word and Excel
- Ability to travel to sites across the Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of continuous service
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at a really exciting time for the HR team, as we continue to grow and enhance the professional services that we provide. If you are interested in joining our growing Multi-Academy Trust and developing your career, please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail please contact Simon Arnold
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust * is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.