Design Technology Technician
Salary: TSAT Grade C £8,197 - £8,974 Term time - 20hrs per week
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent - Term-Time - 38 weeks
20hrs per week across 4 days
Closing Date: 17/10/2021
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Design & Technology Technician to join Goodwin Academy to provide support to the Design Technology Department.
Your new role:
- As Design & Technology Technician, your work will be directed by the Head of Design & Technology and you will be responsible for
- Providing professional and reliable support to DT teaching at the school
- Managing the day to day running of the workshops
- Ensuring that Health and Safety standards are met throughout the D&T department
- Assisting with managing the day to day running of the workshops and extra-curricular activities
What you’ll need to succeed:
- ‘C’ grades or above at GCSE level (or equivalent) in Science, English and Maths
- An ability to use wood and metal working tools
- Good craft skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective ICT skills
- Experience of working with children and young people - committed to supporting students
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
- Working knowledge of computers and possibly CAD/CAM would be an advantage.
Training in the electrical testing of portable appliances and health and safety training will be provided.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- A stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Danni Bowden
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.