Designated Safeguarding Lead / Home School Support Worker
Salary - £25,577 - £28,766
37 Hours per a week.39 weeks per a year
An exciting opportunity to join a large three form entry Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School (February 2017)
The Gordon’s Children’s Academy is a federated academy based in the Strood area. Our Junior and Infant school work closely together to ensure that all staff and children work together as one. We are lucky enough have a passionate workforce at our school who all care for and respect the fantastic children of our school. We are dedicated to school improvement and we all aim to provide a happy, safe and fun school environment for the children, and our staff too. We have high expectations of behaviour and we recognise that it is our responsibility to listen to the children verbally or by interpreting their behaviour.
Pupils of Gordon’s Children’s Academy are proud of their school and have an exciting environment around them to learn in, we encourage use of a creative curriculum and all children enjoy decorating their classroom whilst they focus on a particular topic across the curriculum.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will need to succeed:
You will take lead responsibility for all safeguarding (including Online Safety) and child protection matters arising at the school and supporting all other staff in dealing with any child protection concerns that arise.
You will also be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact. To be available for staff to discuss any safeguarding concerns.
As DSL you will have a number of responsibilities which include referring cases, leading on training, review of pupil progress plans and raising awareness of safeguarding to all staff.
For a full list of responsibilities and to view the person specification please view the attached job description.
What you will get in return from The Gordon’s Children’s Academy:
- The opportunity to work with happy children who come into school ready and excited to learn each morning.
- Support from a vast network of senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust, our teachers regularly get the opportunity to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other 4 Medway Primary Schools within our trust.
- As a teacher at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust you can also benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- We can offer excellent CPD opportunities,
- Our Primary Academy offers lots of space and intervention and breakout areas.
- Teachers who join our happy and friendly academy can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 a month for a membership of the Thinking Fitness gym, which is located on site at New Horizon’s Children’s academy in Chatham.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a large Primary academy, benefiting from a large support network and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If this position as a class teacher at Gordon’s Children’s Academy is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact Kerry Masters to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Gordon Children's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.