Salary: £9.35 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Casual Contract
Closing Date: 28/11/21
We require an Exam Invigilator to join Rochester Grammar School for Girls to support with the busy exam periods. Your presence will maintain the integrity of examinations in an environment that enables a student to perform at their best.
You will assist with setting up of exam venues, checking examination packs, assisting candidates and actively invigilating during examinations. You will be required to check attendance, record relevant details, so good communication, both written and verbal, are essential. You may be required to scribe/read for students – full training will be provided.
Employment for this position is offered on a casual basis. Hours worked vary between 8.00 am and 5.30 pm. Exam sessions are up to three hours, so invigilation sessions may be up to four hours in some instances. You will be asked to attend a training session where full training for the role will be given.
The Rochester Grammar School is the best school in Medway for progress
The Rochester Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and is not only a school with outstanding outcomes but also has a rich history and inspiring reputation as one of the country's leading state Grammar Schools.
RGS is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country and is an International Baccalaureate World School. Teaching at RGS is an inspiring and rewarding experience.
What you will need to succeed:
- It is essential that you possess good interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with matters calmly, swiftly and firmly, without being confrontational.
- Previous experience in working with secondary school age children would be a distinct advantage as would any previous supervision experience, although this is not essential.
- Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace is essential, as is the ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community.
What we can offer you:
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes
- Access to a free and confidential employee assistance service, offering wellbeing support and counselling
- Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in joining our team of ambitious and dynamic teachers alongside a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Rochester Grammar School is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.