Salary: TSAT Pay Group 1 (£18,327 - £18,603 pro-rata for hours worked)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Casual Contract
Closing Date: 25/09/2022
Interview Date: TBC
We require an Exam Invigilator to join The Portsmouth Academy to support with the busy exam periods. Your presence will maintain the integrity of examinations in an environment that enables a student to perform at their best.
You will assist with setting up of exam venues, checking examination packs, assisting candidates and actively invigilating during examinations. You will be required to check attendance, record relevant details, so good communication, both written and verbal, are essential. You may be required to scribe/read for students – full training will be provided.
Employment for this position is offered on a casual basis. Hours worked vary between 8.00 am and 5.30 pm. Exam sessions are up to three hours, so invigilation sessions may be up to four hours in some instances. You will be asked to attend a training session where full training for the role will be given.
What you will need to succeed:
- It is essential that you possess good interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with matters calmly, swiftly and firmly, without being confrontational.
- Previous experience in working with secondary school age children would be a distinct advantage as would any previous supervision experience, although this is not essential.
- Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace is essential, as is the ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community.
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at The Portsmouth Academy, our brand new Aspire building launched in September 2020 boasting excellent facilities and panoramic views of the city, as well as additional refurbishment in the existing building. The Portsmouth Academy is also on a journey to becoming a Microsoft Showcase School due to our approach to digital learning.
“Leaders have dramatically improved the quality of teaching, learning and assessment… consequently, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment is consistently good and continues to improve.” – Ofsted
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised support staff pay scale to retain and reward excellent people
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved students who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates.