Facilities Officer – Based at All Faiths Children's Academy (Strood)
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 3 £20,892 – £25,070 FTE (£14,078-£16,893 for hours worked) plus shift allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 25 hours per week, full-time
Closing Date: 07/08/2022
Thinking Facilities are looking for a Facilities Officer to assist the Facilities Manager with overseeing the day-to-day tasks across the Trust Schools in Strood, Kent. Your primary location will be based at All Faiths Children's Academy, however you will be required to travel between any of our Primary or Secondary Schools in the Strood area.
You will be a responsible person and competent in all aspects of site maintenance. It is imperative that our Site Team successfully manage our school premises and associated facilities, ensuring that the premises are secure, safe and well-maintained at all times to reflect the standards of education and behaviour within the school.
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- Previous experience as a caretaker or similar
- Practical skills in maintenance and cleaning
- Experience of managing Health & Safety
- Experience of working within an Academy/School is desirable.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Full clean driving licence with access to own transport
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme
- A pro-rata annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- A competitive salary
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the schools and the Central Trust team
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working for our Trust in our Facilities Team, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to safeguarding procedures and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and Children's Barred List check.