Foreign Language Assistant – Spanish
Start date: September 2021
Contract: Fixed term contract, 12 Hours per a week, term time only £13.77 per hour
Closing Date: 13/06/21
Interview Date: TBC
We are seeking to appoint a Spanish Language Assistant to assist our students in their studies of Spanish. You will share your passion and inspire the students with your knowledge of the language and culture.
You will also be responsible for supporting the sixth form students with conversational classes and run a weekly lunch time club.
The Rochester Grammar School is the best school in Medway for progress
The Rochester Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and is not only a school with outstanding outcomes but also has a rich history and inspiring reputation as one of the country's leading state Grammar Schools.
The RGS is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country and is an International Baccalaureate diploma school. It was awarded National Teaching School status in March 2012. Teaching at RGS is an inspiring and rewarding experience.
What you will need to succeed:
- Committed to supporting students
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing Spanish
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
We can offer you:
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders, teachers and other staff within the school and our trust
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in joining our team of ambitious and dynamic teachers alongside a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation about this role please contact Ruth Rivers on the school number.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Rochester Grammar School is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.