Salary: TSAT Grade E - £26,281 - £29,578 (pro – rata to £21,047 - £ 23,687 for hours and weeks stated)
Hours: 35 hours per a week
Contract: Permanent, 35 hours per a week, Term time plus 5 INSET days
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 15th October 2021
Interview Date : TBC
We require a HLTA to join New Horizons Children’s Academy. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
You will need to hold a relevant Level 2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above). Good ICT skills would also be desirable.
You will need to have experience of working with KS1 and KS2 aged children as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support.
We are the best performing primary school in Medway, ranking well above average progress in all areas. – 2019 Department of Education Primary league table results
We are a modern three-form entry school that opened in September 2014 and teaches over 600 children from the local community. We have modern classrooms and facilities that will help the successful applicant teach an inspiring and creative curriculum to our students.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our modern school and join our Trust. You will work with brand new facilities and grasp the opportunity to influence and shape the vision of our Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed to supporting pupils
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and teachers within the school and our Trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Kerry Masters.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
New Horizons is committed to safe recruitment procedures. Appointment to a post at the school is subject to:
An enhanced DBS and Barred List check
Accurate disclosure of information on application form
Satisfactory medical report, if applicable
References that are satisfactory to the school