Salary: TSAT Pay Group 2 £20,252 - £23,918 FTE (Pro rata £18,177 - £21,467 for hours and weeks stated).Please note this is subject to agreement in line with September 2022 salary increases but the amounts shown are a minimum of what you will earn
Hours per week: 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Closing Date: 02/10/2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We have an exciting new vacancy for a HR Assistant to support The Portsmouth Academy. You will support he Executive PA, providing varied HR administrative support dealing with queries from members of staff, assist with the administration of the school’s recruitment process and support the schools onboarding and offboarding processes.
This career opportunity would be suitable for an established administrator who would like to gain an insight in to working within the HR field or a HR assistant looking for a new challenge. Previous administration experience is essential, but full training will be provided on HR processes.
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at The Portsmouth Academy, our brand new Aspire building launched in September 2020 boasting excellent facilities and panoramic views of the city, as well as additional refurbishment in the existing building. The Portsmouth Academy is also a Microsoft Showcase School due to our approach to digital learning.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached JD
- This is a busy office and you will need to have the ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions.
- You will be able to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent administration skills, with a high level of efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible
- Previous experience of working in a school or other education environment is desirable
- A good standard of education, including qualifications in English and Maths to GCSE level 5+ A*-C or above, is essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Publisher, to a good standard, is desirable, together with an eagerness to learn and a smart personal appearance.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised support staff pay scale to retain and reward excellent people
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved students who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We strongly encourage anybody who may be interested in working at our school to direct any question they may have to the Head’s PA, Sue Wood . We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.