Salary: £27,186 - £42,192 per annum + SEND allowance
Start date: September 2021 or January 2022
Closing Date: 20th June 2021
We require an Inclusion Manager to assist in the promotion, direction and oversight of high standards of teaching and learning, pupil achievement and progression through effective inclusion for pupils with special educational needs. The successful candidate will assist the Headteacher / Director of Education in ensuring inclusive practice is developed to promote the highest standards of pupil achievement for all.
We are the best performing primary school in Medway, ranking well above average progress in all areas. – 2019 Department of Education Primary league table results
We are a modern three-form entry school that opened in September 2014 and teaches over 600 children from the local community. We have modern classrooms and facilities that will help the successful applicant teach an inspiring and creative curriculum to our students.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our modern school and join our Trust. You will work with brand new facilities and grasp the opportunity to influence and shape the vision of our Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
- Hold or be willing to undertake the National Qualification for SENDCo
- Hold QTS + be the schools Designated Teacher for Looked After Children
- Demonstrate an ability to teach across the school
- A proven track record of excellent outcomes in public examinations
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- A proven track record of supporting staff to develop their practice
- Leadership qualities
- Be able to lead and manage the creation and implementation of the School Strategic Development Plan
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of the school's policies and developments and analyse their impact on vulnerable pupils
- Ensure that parents are well informed about the curriculum, targets, individual pupils' progress and achievement
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Pay scale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other Medway Primary Schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Georgina Spratt
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
New Horizons is committed to safe recruitment procedures. Appointment to a post at the school is subject to:
An enhanced DBS and Barred List check
Accurate disclosure of information on application form
Satisfactory medical report, if applicable
References that are satisfactory to the school