Inclusion Manager / SENDCo
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192 per annum +SEND allowance
Start date: September 2021 or January 2022 dependent on successful applicant
Closing Date: Sunday20th June 2021
Interviews : W/C 28th June
We require an Inclusion Lead to assist in the promotion, direction and oversight of excellent outcomes and progress for our students with SEND across Penhale Infant School and Newbridge Junior School.
We are very excited to be opening an SEN Inclusion Centre at Penhale Infant School in September 2021 which our current SENDCO will be taking the lead with. This opens a great opportunity to introduce a new Inclusion Lead role, responsible for overseeing behaviour and SEND across both schools and taking on the role of Designated Teacher for Looked After Children. We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic leader who has a real passion for making a difference and supporting our children and families.
The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school – Ofsted 2017
Newbridge and Penhale are very caring and forward thinking schools, we invest in our staff and use coaching and mentoring to develop skills and expertise. We pride ourselves on providing a safe, stimulating, challenging and caring environment where children can develop intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially to be prepared for their future lives.
What you will need to succeed:
- Hold or be willing to undertake the National Qualification for SENDCo
- Hold QTS and demonstrate an ability to teach well across the schools
- A proven track record of excellent outcomes for children
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- A proven track record of supporting staff to develop their practice
- Effective leadership qualities
- Be able to lead and manage the creation and implementation of the School Strategic Development Plan
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of the school's policies and developments and analyse their impact on vulnerable pupils
- Ensure that parents are well informed about the curriculum, targets, individual pupils' progress and achievement
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised Teacher Pay scale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant staff of the other Portsmouth Primary Schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to the schools are warmly welcomed; please contact the school office.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Newbridge Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.