Inclusion Teacher - Rainbow Fish Inclusion Unit
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192 + SEN Allowance (From £2,242 dependent on experience)
Contract: Permanent, full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 16/10/2022
Interview Date: w/c 17/10/2022
We are seeking to appoint a qualified primary teacher to work within our brand-new inclusion centre, Rainbow Fish at Penbridge School. Class sizes are up to 8 pupils.
Rainbow Fish provides state-of-the-art facilities for children with complex cognition and learning difficulties aged between four and nine, who have an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP). The children work towards being able to integrate into mainstream for some learning, with a high level of support to meet their specific needs from the provision staff. Our curriculum centres on each child as an individual, looking at their starting points and next steps.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our school and join our Trust!
What you will need to succeed:
Please note that this role is not suitable for Early Career Teachers (ECTs).
- Be a qualified primary teacher
- Have recent KS1 teaching experience
- Experience teaching within an SEN/ Inclusion setting would be advantageous
- Have experience/understanding of working with students who have Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice, being able to plan and deliver a creative, adaptive and stimulating curriculum
- Provide a differentiated, balanced, progressive, varied and stimulating curriculum in line with statutory and school requirements while taking into account each pupils’ special educational needs.
- You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all ECTs
- Revised Teacher Pay scale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with and support happy children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other Portsmouth Primary Schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to our school are very welcome and strongly encouraged. Please contact Sarah Arthur on sarah.arthur @ penbridge.tsat.uk to arrange a suitable time.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates.