IT Customer Support Technician (1st line)
Location: The Thinking Schools Academy Trust Central Offices, Goodwin Academy, Deal Kent
Full Time - Permanent
TSAT D Grade £21,214 - £23,876 per annum
Closing date: 9th May 2021
Working as part of the Trust's Operations department, the IT Customer Support Technician (1st line) is to ensure that our customers are supported in their use of IT equipment and services across the Trust, its academies and partners. This role will be based at Goodwin Academy in Deal.
The position is a customer-focused role, and the post holder should be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player. They should demonstrate a willingness and flexibility to work across the department and have the ability to balance their workload. Along with experience of dealing with Microsoft and Apple operating systems, and a good knowledge of IT packages and peripherals, the post holder should also possess excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Full training will be provided on Trust's helpdesk application, and operating procedures.
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
- The opportunity to join a large organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
- Employees who join our Trust can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at Holcombe Grammar School in Chatham.
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of area
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our friendly schools at the start of a new and exciting time, then please apply today!
If this position as a Trust Customer Service Support Engineer is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact our recruitment team to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We reserve the right to close the position early should a suitable candidate be found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.