Key Stage 2 Classroom Teacher
TSAT Scale £26,458 - £41,063 per annum
Fixed Term until 31st August 2021
Start Date October 2020
Closing Date: 21st September 2020
“GOOD” with an “OUTSTANDING grade for behaviour and safety” -Ofsted
Meon Junior School is a friendly 3 form entry school where we have a highly motivated and talented team and children are encouraged to become confident, caring and articulate and to use their abilities to the full. We provide an atmosphere, which enables the children to acquire a wide range of knowledge, skills and practical abilities.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Meon Junior School as a Year 5 Key Stage 2 Classroom Teacher. The principal responsibilities of this post are to enable students to access learning by supervising and assisting them across a wide range of activities and supported learning.
What you will need to succeed:
• QTS and excellent knowledge of teaching
• Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
• Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and interpersonal skills
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
• Excellent classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
• Good or Outstanding practice, along with high expectations for yourself and the children
What you will get from our Trust:
• Minimum starting salary £26,458 for all NQTs
• The opportunity to work with happy children who come into school ready and excited to learn each morning.
• Support from a vast network of senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust, our teachers regularly get the opportunity to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other Portsmouth Primary Schools within our trust.
• As a teacher at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust you can also benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
• Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
We want to employ teachers who are a great team member and are keen to seek CPD, an aspiring leader of learning and be happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our new school.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a brand new school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to call our Office to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff. We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
Closing date: 21st September 2020
Interviews will take place: 29th September 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check