Key Stage 2 Teacher
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192 per annum
Start date: September 2021
Closing Date: 10th May 2021
Interview Date : TBC
We require a Key Stage 2 Teacher to join Gordon Children’s Academy. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
“Leaders’ actions to make improvements and ensure consistency across the school have been successful. As a result, standards have risen sharply since the school opened.”
“Leaders’ non-negotiable expectations have led to improvements in teaching, which is now good.”
The Gordon’s Children’s Academy is based in the Strood area. Our Junior and Infant school work closely together to ensure that all staff and children work together as one. We are lucky enough have a passionate workforce at our school who all care for and respect the fantastic children of our school.
We are dedicated to school improvement and we all aim to provide a happy, safe and fun school environment for the children, and our staff too. We have high expectations of behaviour and we recognise that it is our responsibility to listen to the children verbally or by interpreting their behaviour. Pupils of Gordon’s Children’s Academy are proud of their school and have an exciting environment around them to learn in, we encourage use of a creative curriculum and all children enjoy decorating their classroom whilst they focus on a particular topic across the curriculum.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified teacher
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Pay scale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other Medway Primary Schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation or tour of the school please contact Kerry Masters.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Gordon Children's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.