Lead Practitioner of Mathematics
Salary: TSAT Leadership Scale L5 – L9 £46,671 - £52,160
Start date: January 2023
Contract: Full Time/PermanentInterview: TBC
We are looking for an inspirational Lead Practitioner of Mathematics to join The Portsmouth Academy. You will be joining our team of creative, supportive and dynamic staff.
The Portsmouth Academy is on a journey to becoming a “Microsoft Showcase School” due to our approach to digital learning. The academy has launched a one:one device policy, so every child in Year 7 has their own laptop, and we are particular interested in finding teachers who have experience of, or would like to develop experience of, teaching with technology.
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at The Portsmouth Academy, our brand new Aspire building launched in September 2020 boasting excellent facilities and panoramic views of the city, as well as additional refurbishment in the existing building.
“Leaders have dramatically improved the quality of teaching, learning and assessment… consequently, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment is consistently good and continues to improve.” – Ofsted, April 2017
The Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Be a qualified and highly experienced Mathematics Teacher.
- Be a highly reflective practitioner.
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice.
- Have a passion for teaching and learning.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues.
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Maths.
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils.
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Maths.
- Delivery of CPD at department or whole school level.
- To implement and support all Academy policies.
- To ensure that the standards of teaching and learning across the Maths department are Good and Outstanding through coaching and quality assurance processes.
- To collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.