Learning Support Assistant
Salary: TSAT Grade C/D £17,632 - £23,876 FTE (Pro rata £14,927 - £20,214)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent 37 hours a week (term-time only plus 5 INSET days)
Closing Date: 18/04/21
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Learning Support Assistant to join Holcombe Grammar School to provide support in learning Key Stage 3 and 4 students
Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare– Ofsted 2018
Holcombe Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and growing mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world.
Every individual at Holcombe Grammar School is encouraged to achieve their personal best and there is an emphasis on celebrating student progress as well as outright attainment. At the heart of the school is our MET agenda – Mastery, Endeavour, Thinking. By using the ‘Thinking’ skills that are developed from Year 7, and through constant ‘Endeavour’, our students go on to develop ‘Mastery’ of their studies. Whilst many students go on to achieve places at Oxford, Cambridge and other Russell Group universities, we celebrate the achievements of all students. The vast majority of our students go on to top universities at the end of the Sixth Form
What you will need to succeed:
• Good general standard of education, especially with regards to numeracy and literacy skills.
• Ability to apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
• Understanding of relevant policies, codes of practice, legislation.
• Must be able to use own initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
• A willingness to undertake any training and development related to the role
• Effective ICT skills
• Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
• Ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community
What our Trust will offer you:
• The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Wendy Tanner to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment