Learning Support Assistant
Salary: TSAT Grade C £17,632 - £19,769 (£12,618 - £14,147 for hours and weeks stated)
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent - Term-Time + 5 Days
32.5hrs per week
Closing Date: 09/05/21
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Learning Support Assistant to join Goodwin Academy to provide support in learning Key Stage 3 and 4 students
The post holder will be required to work with students across our Academy to ensure that all students’ needs do not become a barrier to learning and making progress. This support will be in-class and through targeted interventions, which may also involve small group work with students in the SRBP. You will be required to understand individual students’ needs and work with subject teachers so that they can develop learning programmes appropriate to the needs of those students.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust has been ranked as the highest performing trust in the South East and in the top 15 academy trusts in England, out of more than 100. – 2020 DfE report
What you will need to succeed:
- Good general standard of education, especially with regards to numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
- Understanding of relevant policies, codes of practice, legislation.
- Must be able to use own initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
- A willingness to undertake any training and development related to the role
- Effective ICT skills
- Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- Ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- A stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Danielle Bowden to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.