Learning Support Assistant
Salary: TSAT Grade C/D £17,632 - £23,876 FTE (Pro rata £14,927 - £20,214)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent 37 hours a week (term-time only plus 5 INSET days)
Closing Date: 12/05/21
Interview Date : TBC
We require a Learning Support Assistant to join Victory Academy to provide support in learning Key Stage 3 and 4 students
As Learning Support Assistant, you will work as directed by the SENCO with individual students and groups of students, supporting with the monitoring of progress for individuals. You will assist in the promotion of high standards of behaviour and conduct within the Academy and to provide support for colleagues through the enactment of Academy policy and procedure. Supporting colleagues as directed in all aspects of learning, personal development and emotional literacy both within classrooms and in other defined learning environments.
“The behaviour of pupils is good….Pupils are polite and show consideration for others”
“Staff feel well supported…”- Ofsted 2017
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
• Good general standard of education, especially with regards to numeracy and literacy skills.
• Ability to apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
• Understanding of relevant policies, codes of practice, legislation.
• Must be able to use own initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
• A willingness to undertake any training and development related to the role
• Effective ICT skills
• Confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
• Ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
• Think about their Thinking
• Be their Best self
• Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
• The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal chat with the line manager of this position please contact the Kealy Davidson
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.