Librarian, Literacy and Reading Coordinator
Salary: TSAT Grade D (pro-rata to £ 18,341 - £20,642 for hours and weeks stated)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent 37 hours a week, + 5 days, term time only
Closing Date: 31st October 2021
Interview Date: TBC- ASAP
We require a Librarian, Literacy and Reading Coordinator at The Victory Academy to provide administrative support for key areas of the academy’s work including the library; work experience; trips and other enrichment activities. You will work closely with the Principal, Associate Leader for English and SENCO in the development of high quality, targeted intervention to support students in literacy and reading.
“The behaviour of pupils is good….Pupils are polite and show consideration for others”
“Staff feel well supported…”- Ofsted 2017
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
- An in-depth knowledge and passion for literacy and reading
- Able to build and coordinate a team of subject literacy and reading leads, ensuring best practice across the curriculum
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills to manage the running of the school library
- Effective ICT skills
- Ability to support Academy ethos and vision into the wide community
- Prior experience of running literacy groups/ school librarian desirable
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.