6.25 hours per week (Fixed Term Until 31st August 2021)
39 weeks per year (term time only)
TSAT Payscale Grade B, £16,823-£17,056 FTE (pro rata £2,405 - £2,439 (for hours stated)
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 20th October 2020
Interview Date: Friday 23rd October 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking for flexible Lunchtime Supervisors to join our Trust and work within Newbridge Junior School in Portsmouth.
Newbridge School is a large five-form entry, Primary academy based in Portsmouth. We are a vibrant school and we are very proud to have a diverse school community in which many languages, cultures and religions learn together.
Newbridge is a very caring and forward thinking, we invest in our staff and use coaching and mentoring to develop skills and expertise. We pride ourselves onproviding a safe, stimulating, challenging and caring environment. Where children can develop intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially to be prepared for their future lives.
We are proud to be a part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. A family of schools working to “improve the life chances” of all our children and young people.
What you will need to succeed:
• To be able to supervise pupils in the dining areas
• Ensure good standards of behaviour by the pupils; are maintained.
• Assist in dealing with issues arising from unruly behaviour and report such matters to the appropriate line manager
• Assist with associated ancillary duties (e.g. cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean, etc).
• Ensure School security regulations; are upheld.
• Provide welfare support to the pupils of the school, including undertaking first aid duties (depending on training).
• Attend appropriate training sessions in order to increase knowledge and skills.
• To ensure First Aid; is given and actions are recorded in the First Aid book. Bumps to the head MUST be reportedto the Office and class teacher, the child provided with a letter to go home.
• To ensure confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the children and the school.
• To be flexible and adaptable to deal with the changing needs of the school
At the discretion of the school you may be required to work between 1 -5 INSET days per an academic year to complete additional training and safeguarding updates.
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
• The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time
• The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme
• A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
• Vast support network from senior leaders within the schools and the Central Trust team
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.? This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Newbridge Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.