Midday Meal Supervisor
Salary: TSAT B Scale £17,286- £17,525 per annum (£2,305 - £2,337 per annum for hours and weeks stated)
Hours per week: 5.83 hours per week, term time only + 5 days
Contract: Fixed Term
Start date: 1st September 2021
End date: 31st August 2022
Closing Date: 25th July 2021
Interview Date : TBC
We are seeking to appoint a Midday Meals Supervisor at Meon Infant School to stimulate and engage our children in exciting play and games at lunchtime whilst maintaining their safety. A willingness to work as part of a team and seek positive solutions is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our school and join our Trust!
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached JD
- To be able to supervise pupils in the dining areas
- Ensure good standards of behaviour by the pupils; are maintained.
- Assist with associated ancillary duties (e.g. cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean, etc).
- Ensure School security regulations; are upheld.
- Provide welfare support to the pupils of the school, including undertaking first aid duties (depending on training).
- Attend appropriate training sessions in order to increase knowledge and skills.
- To ensure First Aid; is given and actions are recorded in the First Aid book. Bumps to the head MUST be reported to the Office and class teacher.
- To ensure confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the children and the school.
- To be flexible and adaptable to deal with the changing needs of the school
- At the discretion of the school you may be required to work between 1 -5 INSET days per an academic year to complete additional training and safeguarding updates.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- What you need to do now:
- If you are interested in working at our friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Anita Perryman
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Meon Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.