Salary: TSAT Paygroup 3 £20,892 - £25,070 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Location: Trust Central Offices, New Horizon’s Children’s Academy, Chatham or The Portsmouth Academy, Portsmouth
Closing date: 7th August 2022
Interviews: w/c 15th August 2022
We are looking for a Payroll Associate to join our HR team to support the management of payroll processes and associated administration and compliance.
We run an in-hours Payroll function, offering HR Operations and Payroll services to our schools covering the entire employee life cycle. From the issuing of contracts to new starts, processing monthly overtime claims, though to completing pension forms for those leaving employment.
We are always looking for ways to offer our customers an even better service and you will play a part in shaping this service and ensuring that our payroll function is highly effective and offers great customer services to our schools.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to be part of the payroll team as we grow and work with other schools in the local areas. You will be given autonomy to leave your mark on the service as we continue to grow whilst being supported by leaders with knowledge in the education payroll field.
The successful applicant will respond to payroll queries from our schools’ staff and ensure that staff are paid accurately and on time. The post-holder will be a first point of contact for payroll.
This position can be based either in Medway at the Trust Central offices at New Horizons Children’s Academy or in Portsmouth at the Trust Central offices at Portsmouth Academy. Depending on the location of the successful applicant.
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- At least 1 years experience of working within a payroll function
- Knowledge of legislation, pensions and HMRC requirements
- Experience working within an operational HR and payroll team, additional HR or recruitment experience would be beneficial
- Assist with payroll end to end activity , including but not limited to ; reports, analysis, overpayment calculations, pensions validation and resolving queries in relation to payroll.
- Hardworking individual with accurate attention to details
- Quick to learn and motivated to deliver a high level payroll support to our schools
- Good ICT skills and knowledge of MS products in particular Word and Excel
- Previous experience of using a HR/payroll system
- Able to work independently and manage own workload and time effectively
- Maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the workplace
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employees who join our Trust can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at New Horizon’s Children’s Academy in Chatham
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days + bank holidays, increasing to 30 + bank holidays.
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working for our Trust in our HR & Payroll Team, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust * is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.