Start date: September 2021
Contract: Permanent, 39 weeks per year, 37 hours per week
Salary: TSAT Grade C pro rata (£14, 927 - £16,736)
Closing Date: 13/06/2021
Interview Date: TBC
We are seeking to appoint a Science Technician to assist our Science Department. Providing general, practical support in the science laboratories and to provide back-up to the science teaching staff.
The Rochester Grammar School is the best school in Medway for progress
The Rochester Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and is not only a school with outstanding outcomes but also has a rich history and inspiring reputation as one of the country's leading state Grammar Schools.
The RGS is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country and is an International Baccalaureate diploma school. It was awarded National Teaching School status in March 2012. Teaching at RGS is an inspiring and rewarding experience.
Your new role:
• As Science Technician, your work will be directed by the Senior Technician and you will be responsible for general, practical support in the academy science laboratories and to provide back-up to the science teaching staff.
• Maintenance and repair of practical equipment
• Keeping up to date with health and safety requirements and developments in Science.
• Assisting with extra-curricular activities ie school trips.
What you need to succeed:
• ‘C’ grades or above at GCSE level (or equivalent) in Science, English and Maths
• Committed to supporting students
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective communicator both orally and in writing
• Effective ICT skills
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Understanding of the educational system and current developments
• Ability to motivate and to support learning
What we can offer you:
• An opportunity to qualify as Laboratory technician – after 3 years’ experience to be able to register with the Science Council as an RSCi Tech (registered Science Technician)
• A stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in joining our team of ambitious and dynamic teachers alongside a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation about this role please contact Ruth Rivers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Rochester Grammar School is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.