Senior Payroll Associate
Salary: TSAT E Scale £26,675 - £30,022 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (We would consider part time working for the right candidate)
Location: New Horizons Children’s Academy, Chatham
Closing Date: 28 November 2021
Interview Date: 3 December 2021 (TBC)
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Associate to join our team to support the day to day management and delivery of HR Operations and Payroll services across our Trust. We operate our payroll service fully in-house and you will be responsible for the start to end payroll process.
You will comply with all relevant payroll legislation as well as be a role model for best practice for in payroll. You will support the Payroll Associates with queries as well as provide training and guidance to aid their development.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as our team continues to grow. You will have the chance to shape our HR systems by being involved in system developments as well as other upcoming payroll and Operations projects.
Building relationships is key to this role and the successful applicant will build relationships with key stakeholders across our Trust.
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- Manage Payroll queries from our customers and respond in a timely and professional manner
- Supporting the Payroll Associates by providing training and feedback, allocating workload and answering queries
- Regularly run reports for key areas of payroll and analyse key areas to implement changes to payroll processes and procedures.
- Input information relating to payroll on to our HR systems as well as checking input of the team
- Experience of manual calculations including tax, NI, pension and net pay as well as overpayment calculations
- Ensure the accuracy of all payroll transitions
- Strong communication skills to work with the team to help manage and prioritise workloads
- Maintain guidance notes on the HR and payroll systems for the HR team and our schools.
- Help lead on projects related to the development of the HR Operations & Payroll team
- Actively keep your knowledge up to date of all relevant payroll knowledge and legislation including HMRC regulations other legislation and statutory requirements
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employees who join our Trust in Medway can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at New Horizon’s Children’s Academy.
- An annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service, we also honour local government continuous service
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at a really exciting time for the HR team, as we continue to develop the professional services that we provide. If you are interested in joining our growing Multi-Academy Trust and developing your career, please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail please contact Jamie Blake via email – j. blake @ tsatrust. org. uk
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust * is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.