Specialist Teaching Assistant with BSL
Salary: TSAT Scale C £17,632 - £19,769 per annum (£13,112 to £14,701 for hours and weeks started)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Location: All Faiths Children’s Academy
Closing Date: 24th October 2021
All Faiths Children’s Academy is a one form entry school with a well-established provision for deaf children in a primary mainstream setting. We currently have an exciting opportunity to extend our Total Communication provision to include a Specialist Teaching Assistant to work within the provision (we offer communication through signing as well as oral/ aural communication) and mainstream school.
As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust we are committed to an ethos of excellence and a whole school approach to the teaching and learning of thinking skills.
What you will need to succeed:
- Qualification in BSL Level 1 or above essential.
- Passion for working with deaf children and championing their education and well-being.
- High level of numeracy and literacy (GCSE's at Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English) and good IT skills.
- The ability to support deaf children through high quality BSL so that they can fully access classroom learning.
- Recent experience supporting deaf pupils with their studies in education and an understanding of the different needs of deaf learners.
- A proven track record of supporting and promoting pupil independence.
- A good knowledge of the needs of pupils in EYFS/KS1/KS2.
- Some knowledge of SEN.
- Enthusiasm, commitment and resilience.
- High expectations of all our children regardless of need.
- Flexibility and a commitment to team-working.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and students.
What you will get in return from All Faiths Children’s Academy:
- A small and vibrant team who offer a supportive induction program. On-going support through team meetings and professional development days.
- High expectations for all members of the school community.
- Supportive staff within the school and amongst the Trust.
- Free on-site car parking.
- Discounted gym membership at Thinking Fitness.
- What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a well-established provision for deaf children, benefiting from a large support network and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Alice Atkinson, our Teacher in Charge of the Deaf provision at: office @ allfaithschildrensacademy .org .uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding procedures and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and Children's Barred List check.