Student Engagement Worker (Teaching Assistant)
Salary: Grade C £18,327 - £20,066 (Pro rata Salary for hours and weeks stated £14,767 - £16,168)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: 35 hours per week – 40 weeks (Term time plus 1 week)
Closing Date: 31/10/21
Interview Date: TBC
The Portsmouth Academy is a successful and growing school, which is currently going through a period of expansion. In order to support our continued growth we are looking to appoint a Student Engagement Worker to join our supportive and dynamic staff team.
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at The Portsmouth Academy, our brand new Aspire building launched in September 2020 boasting excellent facilities and panoramic views of the city, as well as additional refurbishment in the existing building.
The Portsmouth Academy is also on a journey to becoming a “Microsoft Showcase School” due to our approach to digital learning.
“Leaders have dramatically improved the quality of teaching, learning and assessment… consequently, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment is consistently good and continues to improve.” – Ofsted, April 2017
What you will need to succeed:
- The principal responsibilities of this post are to enable students to access learning by supervising and assisting them (one to one and in small groups) across a wide range of activities and supported learning. You will also be required to support student interventions across the school such as Breakfast Club, Homework Club and Reading Intervention.
- The right candidate for the role will have experience of working with young people to support their physical and mental wellbeing and will possess excellent written and communication skills. They will be educated to a minimum requirement of Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
- The ideal candidate will have high levels of motivation, energy and commitment with a reflective approach to the role and the ability to work to build positive relationships with students and their parents/carers. The suitable candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can work as both part of a team
What our Trust will offer you:
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation please contact Sue Wood Executive PA
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.