Student Services Manager
Full time, term time plus 5 days
Salary: TSAT Grade F (£31,167 - £35,078 FTE)
Start Date: September 2020
“The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas”- Ofsted October 2017
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Student Services Manager. The Student Services Manager will develop an ethos of high expectations of staff and students with regards to wellbeing, safeguarding, attendance, punctuality, medical needs and behaviour. You will take full accountability for this key area of the Academy’s work including leadership of the identified support staff to ensure all pupils are able to learn in a safe, secure, disciplined but ultimately supportive environment.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT).
The ideal candidate will have:
For a full list of roles and responsibilities please view the attached JD.
• Competent understanding of safeguarding, attendance, healthcare plans
• Competent understanding of Pupil premium, SEND, BAME
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of Line Management responsibility within a Student Services team including budget and record keeping
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of First Aid Lead and responsibility for all Student Health care plans.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supporting students and staff in safeguarding, including allegations against staff
• Demonstrable experience of effective working relationship with outside agencies
• Demonstrable experience of working with challenging students and parents
• Demonstrable experience of working closely with Senior Management Team
• Experience of working with very challenging behaviour / challenging students
• Working knowledge of Behaviour Watch
• Knowledge of Exclusion from school and legal requirements in relation to vulnerable groups.
• Effectively used school sanctions and in particular internal exclusions
• Communicated with parents in relation to student breaches of school policy and related consequences
What we can offer you:
• A competitive salary
• A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
• The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.