Student Support Assistant
Salary: TSAT Grade C pro rata salary £15,625 - £17,116
Start date: September 2021 (Earlier start available)
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours a week – term time only + 1 week
Closing Date: 13/06/21
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Student Services Assistant to join Holcombe Grammar School, you will work alongside the Student Services Manager to help ensure that the support provision operates in an efficient and effective manner, making sure that?every child is supported to achieve their?full potential. You will assist in the promotion of high standards of punctuality, attendance, learning and behaviour, and assist with the provision of administrative support for the student services team.
Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare– Ofsted 2018
Holcombe Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and growing mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world.
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience of working with children aged 11-18 in a school setting.?
- Experience of working with children who display challenging behaviour and an ability to motivate and encourage pupils.?
- Experience of resolving conflict and facilitating mediation between young people.?
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to relate well to a wide range of people including pupils, staff, parents and external professionals.?
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative.
- An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people.
- Good general standard of education at level 2 or above, including L2 English and Maths
- Knowledge of current child protection and safeguarding practice.
- Good ICT skills including use of SIMS and Behaviour Watch.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Additional skills and experience:
- Further qualification in working with children, young people and families.
- Participation on courses relevant to supporting pupils who experience emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Experience of working with or in alternative provision.
- Knowledge of support services available to young people.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Wendy Tanner to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment