Teacher of Drama 0.5
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192 (£16,311 - £25,315 for hours stated)
Start date: 1st September 2021
Closing Date: 12/05/2021
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Teacher of Drama to join Holcombe Grammar School. You will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher who has a positive and open approach to learning and you will be joining a team of committed professionals teaching our fantastic students from years 7 -13. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for Drama.
One of our school aims is to work towards obtaining our Artsmark. Fantastic opportunity to be part of introducing Drama to Holcombe’s curriculum, initially teaching KS3 with the view to adding KS4 with 2 years.
Holcombe Grammar School delivers an inspiring curriculum…appropriately adapted to the needs, abilities and interests of all pupils. A range of extra-curricular activities further promotes personal development and welfare– Ofsted 2018
Holcombe Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a selective 11-18 boys’ school with a large and growing mixed Sixth Form. At Holcombe Grammar School our aim is that students develop into successful, well rounded, confident young people who are equipped with the academic and life skills necessary to thrive in the modern world.
Every individual at Holcombe Grammar School is encouraged to achieve their personal best and there is an emphasis on celebrating student progress as well as outright attainment. At the heart of the school is our MET agenda – Mastery, Endeavour, Thinking. By using the ‘Thinking’ skills that are developed from Year 7, and through constant ‘Endeavour’, our students go on to develop ‘Mastery’ of their studies. Whilst many students go on to achieve places at Oxford, Cambridge and other Russell Group universities, we celebrate the achievements of all students. The vast majority of our students go on to top universities at the end of the Sixth Form
What you will need to succeed:
• Be a qualified Drama teacher
• Be passionate about teaching and learning, ready to embrace new ideas and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
• Have Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievement and behaviour
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments particularly those relating to Maths
• Have high expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve ‘Mastery’
• Be an aspiring leader of learning who is constantly willing to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
• Be a team player, with a good sense of humour, willing to work as part of teams across the school.
• Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
What our Trust will offer you:
• Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
• Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• The opportunity to work with happy, determined and well behaved children who are excited about learning, and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and across our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the other secondary schools within our trust
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
• Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
• As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy – next to Holcombe Grammar School.
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Wendy Tanner to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment