Teacher of Drama (with English)
(Applications from NQTs welcome)
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192
Start date: September 2021
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
Closing Date: 10/05/21 at 12pm
We are a successful and growing school, which is currently going through a period of expansion. In order to support our continued growth, we are looking to expand our team of creative, supportive and dynamic staff by appointing an inspirational Drama Teacher, who will also be required to teach English as approximately one quarter of their timetable.
As we go through this exciting period of growth we are looking to expand our talented teaching team by appointing a Teacher of Drama to start at The Portsmouth Academy from September 2021.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts for KS4 progress Ofsted April 2017 – The Portsmouth Academy is a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership and management.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Be a qualified teacher of Drama and able to deliver to KS3 & KS4
• Be confident to deliver English to KS3/KS4
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
• Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum, both in the physical and digital classrooms
• High expectations for yourself and the Students ensure that all of our students achieve their very best
• You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
• An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
• Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
What our Trust will offer you:
• Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
• Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
• With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
• The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
• Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
• As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
• We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation with the Curriculum Lead, please contact Sue Wood Executive PA
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.