Teacher of English
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192
Start date: 1st September 2021
Closing Date: 9th May 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We are currently recruiting for a Teacher of English to join Goodwin Academy. Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging Key Stage 3-5 mixed Academy, which is sponsored by the Thinking Schools Academy Trust.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust has been ranked as the highest performing trust in the South East and in the top 15 academy trusts in England, out of more than 100. – 2020 DfE report
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT) has been ranked by the Government as the highest performing academy Trust in the South East for GCSE results. – DfE National league table 2020
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging key stage 3-5 mixed academy based in the heart of Deal. At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ with BEST being an acronym for:
• B = Brilliance, where students will be supported to be brilliant in everything they do.
• E = Enrichment, where students will encounter a variety of educational opportunities outside of the classroom.
• S = Society, where students will be encouraged to develop as responsible, active and informed world citizens, demonstrating mutual respect, empathy and community spirit.
• T = Thinking, where students will join a global community of thinkers.
We pride ourselves on our caring and compassionate ethos, which enables our students to grow in a supportive atmosphere conductive to their development. Where students need additional support, we will look to meet their needs through our highly effective pastoral system.
The school has a thriving extra-curricular programme with many opportunities for students to grow their talents. In the sporting arena, the school has a wide range of very successful teams and have regular student productions, dance shows and exhibitions.
Ultimately, we aspire for our students to develop their academic and life skills, so that they become confident, well-rounded and contented individuals and are equipped and ready to be successful for the world of work and the challenges of the 21st Century.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Be a qualified English Teacher
• Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
• Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to English
• Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
• Be able to motivate their students
• Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
• Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
• Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching English
What we can offer you:
• Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
• Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Highly supportive subject mentoring with a strong professional development programme to ensure that the Teachers’ Standards are well developed.
• Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
• Excellent gym facilities.
• Regular CPD and social events, including Trust CPD days, the Trust Christmas party and regular Trust theatre trips to London
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Danielle Bowden
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.