Teacher of Food and Nutrition
(Applications from NQTs welcome)
Salary £27,186 - £42,192
Start date: September 2021
Closing Date: Sunday 16th May 2021
We are a successful and growing school, which is currently going through a period of expansion. In order to support our continued growth we are looking to expand our team of creative, supportive and dynamic staff by appointing an inspirational Teacher of Food and Nutrition.
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at The Portsmouth Academy, our brand new Aspire building launched in September 2020 boasting excellent facilities and panoramic views of the city, as well as additional refurbishment in the existing building.
The Portsmouth Academy is also on a journey to becoming a “Microsoft Showcase School” due to our approach to digital learning.
“Leaders Have Dramatically Improved The Quality Of Teaching, Learning And Assessment… Consequently, The Quality Of Teaching, Learning And Assessment Is Consistently Good And Continues To Improve.” – Ofsted, April 2017
The Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Be a qualified teacher of Food and Nutrition and able to deliver to KS3 & KS4
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum, both in the physical and digital classrooms
- High expectations for yourself and the Students ensure that all of our students achieve their very best
- You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation with the Curriculum Lead, please contact Sue Wood Executive PA
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.