Teacher of Health and Social Care
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192
Start date: January 2022/ earlier start available
Contract: Permanent, full time
Closing Date: 26/09/21
Interview Date : TBC
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Social Care to join Goodwin Academy. Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging Key Stage 3-5 mixed Academy, which is sponsored by the Thinking Schools Academy Trust.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust has been ranked as the highest performing trust in the South East and in the top 15 academy trusts in England, out of more than 100. – 2020 DfE report
At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ with BEST being an acronym for:
B = Brilliance, where students will be supported to be brilliant in everything they do.
E = Enrichment, where students will encounter a variety of educational opportunities outside of the classroom.
S = Society, where students will be encouraged to develop as responsible, active and informed world citizens, demonstrating mutual respect, empathy and community spirit.
T = Thinking, where students will join a global community of thinkers.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Qualified/ Open to unqualified Health and Social Care Teacher
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Health and Social Care
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate their students
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Health and Social Care
What we can offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our Trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- Regular CPD and social events, including Trust CPD days, the Trust Christmas party and regular Trust theatre trips to London
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Onsite parking free of charge.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Danielle Bowden – to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.