Headteacher Two Rivers C of E Primary School
Headteacher (with potential for trust wide school improvement)
Job Ref: R077
Start: September 2023
Location: Keynsham, near Bristol
Contract: Full time
Grade range: L16-22, with up to an additional three leadership points for colleagues able to offer trust-wide school improvement
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a proven track record of success to lead Two Rivers C of E Primary forward into the next stage of its development. Two Rivers C of E Primary benefits from being part of the family of schools run by Futura Learning Partnership.
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of 28 schools in the Bristol – Somerset – North Somerset – South Glos – Bath & North East Somerset area that work together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 3-19 education in the area.
Two Rivers CofE Primary is a new school in Keynsham, a small town between Bristol and Bath. It opened three years ago and will include all year groups by 2026. September 2023 will see the next stage of the school’s development as its oldest pupils move into Year 3.
We are looking to appoint a Headteacher who will make a real difference to the life chances of the children and young people, enabling them to flourish in a safe and happy school environment.
This is a career defining opportunity for someone who is keen to progress their career into a trust-wide school improvement role and for a suitable candidate, there is the opportunity to contribute to trust-wide school improvement as part of the Futura school improvement team.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is an experienced Headteacher
- Has a proven track-record of success in their current role and experience of raising pupil attainment.
- Has the ability to be part of the trust school improvement team.
- Has the ability to contribute to school improvement across the trust
- Is supportive of Futura Learning Partnership aims and has a commitment to working closely with other trust senior leaders and their schools
- Has evidence of using data, benchmarks and feedback to monitor the progress of every pupil’s learning and development
- Is innovative and passionate about improving educational standards for all children and young people whatever their age, abilities or challenges
- Will empower and inspire staff to be the best they can be, promoting effective teaching and learning, driving development and encouraging innovation
- Will optimise the social and emotional development of all our pupils so that they can become well rounded, caring individuals
- Is an excellent communicator who will build upon our good relationships within the school, across our trust and in the wider community
- Is an approachable individual, encouraging active parental partnership and engagement across the school
- Is committed to excellent safeguarding procedures putting the safety of all pupils first at all times
In return we can offer you:
- A strong programme of support and development for you as a leader, delivered by experienced professionals
- Positive, courteous and thoughtful pupils who take pride in their school and embody the school’s values
- An excellent team of dedicated and motivated practitioners, passionate about school improvement and improving children's opportunities and outcomes
- Strong links between our school community
- A pro-active and energetic Governing Body that understands the role of being both supportive and challenging
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
If you share our passion for raising aspirations and increasing pupil’s life chances through education, and if you believe that you have the skills and expertise to make a significant contribution to the life and work of our school, we do hope you will consider joining the Two Rivers team as our new Headteacher.
We warmly invite you to make a visit to our school where you will be able to meet members of staff, children and governors. To arrange your visit please contact Tor Manuel at Futura Learning Partnership central team office.
Closing date for applications: 23:59 Sunday 26 March
Shortlisting: Monday 27 March
Interviews (two days): w/c 27 March
Download the Job Description/Person Specification and recruitment pack
Click on the ‘apply’ button within the vacancy advertised on the trust jobsite and complete and submit your online application before the closing date.
Two Rivers CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.