Head of Financial Accounting
Salary: £50,603 (pay award pending)
Appointment: Permanent, full time, 37 hours per week all year around.
Location: Uffculme, Devon EX15 3AG - There is the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days a week and during school holiday periods.
Starting Date: As soon as possible and ideally by September 2023
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and fully qualified CCAB Accountant to lead and develop the accounting function of our growing Trust. In September 2023, the Uffculme Academy Trust is merging with The Castle Partnership Trust to form a new Multi-Academy Trust, the Blackdown Education Partnership, which will comprise of five secondary and five primary schools in Devon and Somerset and which will manage a budget of £40m. Joining from its inception provides both an exciting opportunity and a real challenge for an experienced accountant in this new role, reporting to the CFO and with line management of the Finance Manager and team. An understanding of MAT or public/charity sector finances would be an advantage but is not essential.
The postholder will be responsible for:
• Managing and developing the financial accounting functions of the Trust.
• Month end and year-end accounting processes. Supporting the preparation of the monthly accounts pack and our statutory accounts by our External Auditors.
• Liaison with our Internal and External Auditors.
• Finance systems management.
• Supporting ESFA, DfE, HMRC returns and statutory reporting.
• Cash and payment management.
• Reporting for trading bodies including our wholly owned subsidiary.
• Line Management of the Trust Finance Manager who leads the Central sales and purchase ledger team.
• Fixed Asset Register.
• VAT returns.
• Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements including designing and implementing effective accounting procedures across the Trust.
• Provide advice, training and support to colleagues on the Trust’s financial systems and procedures.
Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated, possess strong technical accounting skills and have the potential to lead the development of our accounting functions and Team. If you share our vision and values and have the skills, experience and drive to help us achieve our aims we would be delighted to hear from you.
We can offer a competitive salary of £50,603 (pay award pending), the opportunity to grow your career with the Trust, a generous defined benefit Local Government pension, reduced rate on-site gym membership, access to wellbeing support and free on-site parking.
If you would like an informal conversation about this role please contact Ben Brook, Chief Finance Officer.
We are seeking to fill this important post at the earliest opportunity and will consider applications on receipt. Whilst the closing date is 9am Monday 5th June 2023 we reserve the right to close early if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this exciting role please apply as soon as you can.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a number of safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS.
Uffculme Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
As part of our due diligence process when shortlisting, we may carry out an online search of publicly available material to identify any incidents or issues which we might want to explore with the applicant at interview.