Associate Leader of English
Leadership Scale L9 to L13 - ££52,160 - ££57,556
“The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas”
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts for KS4 progress and was nominated for TES Employer of the Year in 2018
We require a talented and enthusiastic Associate Leader of English to join our Academy. The successful candidate will oversee our English department.
We are a mixed Comprehensive School for 11-19 year old students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT).
We can offer you:
• Revised Leadership Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Onsite parking free of charge
We are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic Associate Leader of English. The ideal candidate will:
• Be a qualified teacher
• Be able to deliver consistently good or outstanding practice
• Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
• Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating English.
• Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subjects
• Be able to motivate his/her pupils
• Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
• Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
• Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching English.
• To implement and support all Academy policies.
• To collaborate with other leaders and managers in maintaining high standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
• To maintain high standards of teaching, learning and progress to ensure all subject staff deliver and all students receive Good and Outstanding lessons.
• To coach and mentor subject staff to maintain standards in learning and progress to be Good and Outstanding.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.