Are you looking for a Term Time role?
Do you have a passion to help children to be the best that they can be?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Assistant with Early Years' experience, ideally at Level 2, to play a key role in supporting with the teaching and welfare of the children’s development.
Warren Mead Schools
Warren Mead is a great place to work and we invest in our staff and their wellbeing. We have worked together as staff to identify those things which have a high workload but low impact on our children's education and to reduce or remove these. All our staff have a wellbeing day renewed each year as well planning days each term. We have an extensive and varied menu of extracurricular activities which is deliberately provided by external specialists so our teachers can do what they do best - teach!
What we are looking for
- Ideally a Level 2 EYFS practitioner
- Able to assist in preparing the classroom-learning environment
- Lead and support activities, indoors and outdoors to meet the specific needs of children
- Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
Why work at Warren Mead Schools
- Amazing pupils, friendly supportive staff and committed governing body
- Excellent continuing professional development
- Be part of 2 schools coming together
- The support of GLF schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation.
Thrive in a Career with GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Start Date - ASAP
Hours of work - 32.5 hours a week (8.30am-3.30pm, Monday-Friday), term time only
Salary - Associate 2 - £17,900 Full time equivalent
Pro-rata - £13,903 based on 32.5 hours a week
Closing Date - 17th September, 12 noon
Interview Date - 23rd September (interviews to take place via video call)
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.