We are seeking to appoint a bright, lively and enthusiastic teacher to join our English team at Sir Bernard Lovell Academy. We are a successful and over-subscribed school with an expanding roll and situated on the outskirts of Bristol. We have created this new vacancy in response to our expanding roll and we welcome interest from both NQTs and experienced teachers.
We are looking for an aspirational teacher who can:
- Deliver excellent lessons across key stages and ability ranges, including KS4 and KS5
- Inspire a love of reading, writing and public speaking amongst our students
- Work closely and collaboratively within an experienced team of professionals
In return we can offer you:
- A friendly and respectful school environment
- The opportunity to work alongside supportive and outward-looking colleagues
- A competitive salary and additional benefits
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- Wider opportunities to be involved across our multi academy trust
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
Sir Bernard Lovell Academy is situated on the Bristol to Bath cycle track and is easily commutable by bike, public transport or car.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 4-19 education in the area.
The closing date for applications is: midnight on Sunday, 18th April, 2021
Interviews are likely to be held soon thereafter
No CVs or agencies please
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Sir Bernard Lovell Academy reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Sir Bernard Lovell Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.