Contract: Permanent, term time only (to incl. INSET days) + 2 additional days in the school holidays (40 weeks)
Hours: 15 per week (over 2 days, between 8:00 and 16:30)
Salary: G11, £6,876.80 per annum, rising to £7,014.25 per annum through annual increments (£19,312 to £19,698 FTE)
We are seeking an experienced Receptionist & Admin Support Assistant to join our busy administration team at Winterbourne Academy on a part-time basis (2 days per week).
The post-holder will work in the front office and will be responsible for meeting and greeting all visitors and parents/carers to the academy. They will deal with phone enquiries, in person queries, and written correspondence. In addition to admin tasks and reception duties, the successful candidate will be expected to undertake first aid duties as and when required (relevant training will be provided).
As the ‘face’ of the academy the Receptionist & Admin Support Assistant should be welcoming, personable, helpful and able to represent the academy in a professional and friendly manner.
The successful candidate will:
• be educated to a good standard of general education, normally evidenced by 5 or more GCSE's (including Mathematics and English) at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
• have recent and relevant school based admin/reception experience
• hold a first aid qualification (or willing to obtain this within 6 months)
• have a working knowledge of SIMs (desirable)
• be competent in the use of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• have a good telephone manner and have excellent customer service skills
• be a confident communicator and enjoy building and maintaining successful, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• have well-developed administration and organisational skills and ability to work logically, resourcefully, proactively, efficiently and flexibly
• have a positive and proactive approach to work and problem solving
• have high standards and attention to detail.
• have the ability to work independently or in a team.
• have the ability to remain calm and professional working under pressure.
• take pride in contributing to the delivery of a first-class administration function and have the ability to create, implement and improve systems
• have the ability to work without close supervision
• have a willingness to cover for colleagues in other admin Teams when necessary
• have an understanding of the importance of child protection and safeguarding issues in relation to this role specifically
What we Offer:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability or starting point
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Schools
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Employee benefits such as cycle scheme, discounted gym membership and employer contributing Pension Scheme
• Fantastic facilities
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. We encourage you to browse our website to obtain more information about working for The Olympus Academy Trust at Winterbourne Academy. If you would like an informal discussion about this post prior to submitting an application then please contact Julia Dunn, Student Services Receptionist and PA to SLT on O1454 252000.
Closing Date: Sunday, 23rd May 2021 - We recommend early applications as the academy reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date
Interview Date: TBC
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their age, gender, disability, age, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. We have procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.