TLR Allowance: C (equivalent to £2,796 p.a.)
Winterbourne Academy is seeking an exceptional practitioner and ambitious leader, to work in conjunction with the head of faculty in shaping the future delivery of Business (offered at GCSE, A-level and Cambridge Technical KS4 and 5) and Social Sciences, raising the profile and reach of the Social Sciences Faculty across the curriculum and the academy.
The post-holder will teach Business studies at KS4 and 5. However, the ability to teach more than one of the following subjects to A level standard would be advantageous:
- Business studies (timetable requirement)
- Business studies Cambridge Technical KS4 (Marketing and Enterprise) & KS5
- Health & Social Care
The post-holder will work at Winterbourne Academy and will benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. The Olympus Academy Trust (OAT) is a partnership of schools, currently comprising nine South Gloucestershire schools; one all-through, three secondary and five primary academies.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to raise standards of provision and outcomes and lead by example.
• have the ability to contribute to the design of subject units, curriculum development and new teaching approaches.
• have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
• have the ability to establish successful and productive relationships with students, parents and staff.
• be a strong and supportive leader of a team of specialist teachers
• have the knowledge and expertise to coach and motivate team members to aim high and meet ambitious targets
• have high expectations of yourself, your team and students. Knowing when to support and when to challenge.
• have an understanding of personal and team accountability
• have the ability to implement effective appraisal and performance management and act on any issues that arise from the reviews
• believe in the importance of team work and show evidence of successful collaborative work
• have the ability to effectively use data to raise standards / analyse impact
• be a ‘visible’ leader
• have a willingness to contribute to the extracurricular life of the academy
Recent experience of leading and developing within a team and holding a position of responsibility desirable.
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies to support our endeavors to work smarter.
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• Onsite parking.
• Onsite canteen.
• Employee benefits such as Pension, cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. We encourage you to browse our website to obtain more information about working for The Olympus Academy Trust at Winterbourne Academy.
Closing Date: Sunday, 16th May 2021 - We recommend early applications as the academy reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date
Interview Date: w/c 17th May 2021
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their age, gender, disability, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. We have procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.