An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Theology.
Start Date: January 2023 or SoonerSalary: Teacher’s Pay Range – M1 – UPS3. Contract: Full time Permanent but will consider part timeClosing Date: Monday 03/10/2022 2022 at 9am
St Peter's CofE Academy is seeking an outstanding and innovative Teacher of Theology. You will be responsible for planning and delivering the highest quality lessons and achieving excellent results for your students, instilling in them a love for the subject and a desire to learn.
The successful candidate will:
St Peter’s CofE Academy is a mixed 11-16 popular Church of England Academy which puts Christian values, faiths and high standards at the centre of all we do. We serve the whole community of Stoke-on-Trent and welcome students of all faiths and none.
We have a vibrant and exciting learning environment which embodies our core Christian values and the belief that we can enrich every life.
We are proud of our staff and student wellbeing focus and we provide a comprehensive staff induction and NQT support programme with a highly commended on-going CPD programme for new and existing staff.
St Peter’s CofE Academy is a well-resourced school with a motivated and enthusiastic student body. The Academy is located in a brand new building in the heart of the city with excellent transport links by road or rail.
• 2 weeks holiday at October half term
• A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff
• Free Car Parking
• Access to occupational health
• Meals available on site for all staff between 8am to 2pm
• Free meals for all staff on Inset days and Open Evening events
• Occupational Sick Pay
• Exceptional leave arrangements for family events
• Free eye tests for VDU users
• A comprehensive EAP (employee assistance programme) with 24 - hour access
• Free fitness suite on site
• Money off membership of Fenton Manor Leisure Centre
• An exceptional staff well-being offer with wellbeing meetings half termly including a Menopause group
• Annual staff wellbeing day following the annual Open Evening with a host of free wellbeing activities for all staff
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered.
Informal visits are welcomed, to arrange this, please call the Academy and ask to speak to Louise James, Director of Finance & Resources