We are looking to recruit a Cover Supervisor who would take lessons in the absence of the class teacher.
The Cover Supervisor will be required to distribute and explain the work set, respond to any questions that may arise and manage the behaviour of the students.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible, adaptable and resourceful as well as having high levels of people skills.
Whilst subject knowledge is valued, Cover will cross the curriculum making enthusiasm and a sense of humour desirable for this role
You will also be expected to offer an Enrichment opportunity for smaller groups of students on a weekly basis
You will receive a full training programme to enable you to develop your skills.
This role can be good experience for a candidate who is looking to become a teacher.
We can offer you:-
- A flexible working pattern to suit you
- Great CPD and professional development opportunites to enhance your career.
- A dedicated well-being team who organises staff events and termly chocolate!
- Friendly and very supportive colleagues.
- Subsidised lunch from our on site caters, which is delicious!
- Free use of the gym and sports area
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government Pension Scheme (where the employer's rate is up to 22% and you just contribute 5.8%).
- On-Site free parking onsite with an overflow car park if everyone decides to drive into work.
The hours are 8.30-3.30 32.5 hours a week, term time only plus Inset Days, unless you would like to explore a more flexible working pattern.
Grade: WAT Grade D points 6-9 Full time equivalent £16,523 - £17,445 (Full time equivalent £21,968 - £23,194).
'Candidates applying must be eligible to work in the UK'
Interviews shortly after the closing date, but we may close the position sooner if we get a suitable candidate.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.