Built in 2012, The Sir Robert Woodard Academy boasts modern facilities arising from a £39m BSF contract. Recent years have seen capital additions of over £250k, contributing to a wide range of internal facilities such as fitness suite, theatre, sports hall, and sixth form. As the school grows in popularity, there is likely to be further expansion and development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced and skilled Deputy Site Manager to join the academy as soon as possible. Reporting to and supporting the Site Manager in key areas, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate proven experience and/or an excellent understanding of these:-
• People Management
• Project Management
• Estates Management
• Compliance and Health and Safety
The Sir Robert Woodard Academy, part of the Woodard family of schools, is a thriving 11–18 academy, serving primarily the students of Lancing, Sompting and Shoreham. We are committed to ensuring that every student is known and nurtured and is provided with teaching and learning experiences that allow them to fulfil their potential.
Sir Robert Woodard Academy staff benefit from the following:-
• a modern and spacious working environment;
• strong and supportive collegial relationships;
• the opportunity for professional growth and development;
• free use of the Academy’s fitness suite;
• free on site car parking and easy access to local public transport;
• cycle to work scheme.
Quotes from last Ofsted report, Feb 2018:
"Staff morale is high."
"Pupils’ behaviour is good…Pupils come to lessons ready to learn.”
“An atmosphere of mutual trust and respect are strengths of the school.”
A Staff well-being survey commissioned externally in July 2020 for SRWA revealed that these were some of the areas our staff considers are ‘outstanding’:
Opportunity for staff to offer ideas
Opportunities for staff professional development
Support from line managers,
Appreciation of staff achievement/contribution,
Induction of new staff
Students' respect for staff/others.
The successful applicant will:-
• Be able to evidence a recognised and relevant trade qualification
• have excellent project management skills and experience
• develop good working relationships quickly, with a wide range of people
• be hands-on with a positive, flexible, ‘can-do’ approach
• be a strong team player with have a natural ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
• be committed to all aspects of health & safety and compliance
• display technical knowledge of building services and building management systems
• have excellent written, verbal and report writing skills
• be able to problem solve with initiative and a solution focused approach
• have an excellent level of physical fitness
• relate well to young people
• have high personal and professional standards
• take pride in the role and the premises and expect the same of others in the team
The Sir Robert Woodard Academy is a lively, fast-paced, passionate, demanding yet rewarding place to work. If you want to work with a team of people who love what they do and are prepared to go the extra mile in order to achieve results, and you want to work near Brighton, with all its rich cultural opportunities, then this may be the place for you.
The salary for this position is NJC SCP 20-25: currently £25,991 - £29,577 per annum (depending on trade qualifications, experience, skills and management qualities).
Annual leave entitlement is 25 days, plus all bank holidays.
Hours are 37 per week, Monday-Friday, working various shifts, plus call-outs; some weekend working will be required (on a rota).
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share in this commitment. All posts will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The Academy is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification carefully. Only those able to meet the essential criteria will be shortlisted. Visits to the Academy are actively encouraged, for an informal chat with the Site Manager.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.