Closing date: 16 February 2024
Interviews to be held: w/c 26 February 2024
Start Date: To be confirmed
Salary: In the region of £12.38 per hour
Location: Kings Priory School
Hours of Work: Casual
Kings Priory School wishes to appoint an Examination Invigilator on a casual basis to cover examination periods throughout the academic year. This will include invigilation for external GCSE and A-level examinations in addition to internal examinations.
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a team committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for our young people and be willing to support students through the provision, supervision and monitoring of examinations, whilst enforcing strict exam conditions at all times. Other general duties will be required associated with the role, including potentially serving as a reader and/or scribe for students with Special Educational Needs.
Previous experience of invigilating or working in an education setting is preferable but not essential. You will report to our Examinations Officer and appropriate training for the role will be given.
Kings Priory School is one of the highest performing schools in North East of England, providing high quality education to over 1500 pupils aged 4 – 19. We are a school with excellent teachers, a family environment, motivated pupils and a commitment to educating the whole child both in and outside of the classroom. We are proud of our pupils who regularly achieve well above the national average in public examinations: *in 2022 at GCSE, 94% of pupils achieved a grade 4+ in English and 89% of pupils achieved a 4+ in Maths. In 2023 at GCSE, 93% of pupils achieved a grade 4+ in English and 94% of pupils achieved a 4+ in Maths.
The School operates across neighbouring sites in the centre of the attractive coastal village of Tynemouth with short commuting links into Newcastle upon Tyne. Kings Priory School is part of Woodard Academies Trust multi-academy sponsor whose aim is to be a provider of world class education, transforming lives within and across communities. Our Christian Ethos helps to make our school a thoughtful community and we are welcoming, positive and open to pupils and staff of all faiths and none.
To be vigilant and supervise the operation of external and internal examinations, ensuring the conduct of examinations is as required by the Examination Boards and the School.
- To supervise students during examination periods including the reception and seating of students within the exam environment.
- To be able to read instructions, questions and read back to students their answers accurately and with confidence
- To be able to scribe for students.
- To follow examination board rules regarding how and what can be read to students
- To maintain confidentiality with documentation and information relating to students
- Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of examination papers/scripts, equipment and stationery
- To assist with the preparation of the examination room, ensuring awarding body requirements are met
- To ensure all scripts and examination stationery are collected and checked at the end of each examination
- To return scripts and associated documentation and equipment to the Examinations Officer or other delegated officer
- To promote a positive and calm working environment for all students and treat all pupils and colleagues with profession respect
- To report any security concerns to the Examination Officer
- To monitor candidates throughout the duration of the exam and maintain silence
- To be responsible for all health and safety issues including knowing how to deal with emergencies in examination conditions, including evacuation routes from the building
- The Role requires working with a team and the ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress and throughout the school. The post holder may undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post.
Kings Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer Recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Kings Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.